Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday is not so blues afterall


I had a good day today..simply because my company is giving us a day off, part of 'labor day' as the management decided to bring forward the leave to today:) yeeeyyyy!!!!!!

It's even better as the shopping malls and banks are not crowded, partly due to only us from 'XYZ' are on our day off..another yeeyyyy!!!

But I had to wake up early to send the kids to school....since I still owe my husband his 'Jake's' lunch/dinner..so I thought better do it today as the kids won't be around..(my parents in law will pick them up after school)

Basically today, I spent 3/4 of my day in Bangsar..we went to Jake's (our fav steak house..yummm!!their steaks are the best in town..I guarantee you:) ) and I did my eyebrows threading..(ouchhh!!! it's painful..regardless of doing it 100 of times..:( women...can go extremely far to look beautiful..what else can I say..)

But of all..I love Laura Mercier for giving me free sample of their foundations..thanks to Ms ladyL for her review on Laura Mercier and get me introduced to this superb stuff:).... so I decided to give a try;)my Bobby brown is finishing..I even had to use the cotton bud to reach the bottom part of the bottle..so I can say it's not finishing but finished..so I have another week to buy...let me try the sample..so far it looks promising..can even replace my Ms Brown;)
I must admit I'm very fussy..the foundation has to look as natural as it can be while can hide my flaws.. tough job being my foundation...muahhaahaaa..
I was a bit confused as they have a few ranges which i'm not familiar compared to BB....I think the sales assistant ended up recommending me the different type from what I had in mind earlier on....

By the way..in order not to make Mr Hubby cranky..(he hates shopping..let alone window shopping) so I asked him to do his work in starbucks while I wander around BV alone..hopping from 1 shop to another. My final destinations was MPH... with lists of books I need to find (solely based on my weak memory)

- books recommended by Cik Ermayum (a few..I think)
- book recommended by Ms Jabberholic..(something to do with birkin)

So..u can imagine me with pretty low memory trying to figure out which books to buy..I'm telling you at least 1 hour I was scouting for those books and trying to match the description I got from our dear friends' blogs..until my phone rang with loud Glee's song.."are u done yet? dont tell me I need to bring the pick-up to pick you up" hubby said sarcastically..which means I only have less than a mili second to make my way out and meet him at starbucks...so gone the books..and my mission failed...out of 1 1/2 hrs in MPH..i only manage to grab these..


my must have mags

It seems I need to make another trip to kinokuniya or MPH soon...


until then..



11 comments:

Ermayum said...

kelakar la u ni 1.5 hours in MPH and u tak sempat grab buku heheh
blog la pasang eye brows tu dear

ICA said...

my dear, u need to make a list...esp if u wanna go to a book store..and then came out with only magazines!! Yikes, honey....kelakar la u ni. Need a list my friend or better yet...another trip to the bookstore pronto. I myself can spend hours in there and go crazy :))

CiKaYu said...

i pernah jdi cam u, hubby dah bosan tunggu i lama...i need to look for a foundation too, later please give ur comment on the LM foundation k, mine is finishing too...wink..wink

screamingmommy said...

Cik Erma dear, tu laaa..i know a few books yg u recommend..tapi tak jumpa i rasa MPH bangsar takde laa those books..he..hee pasal eye brow tu ok later we blog:)

Ica : yes beb..i seriously needs a list..i nak go back to blog..the connection so slow in the MPH tu :)

CikAyu : ok beb..will share the review of laura Mercier:)

Lady of Leisure said...

i dulu rajin buat eyebrow threading.. i pernah buat somewhere in ampang and in brickfield... sakit kan but resultnya, sangat memuaskan hati... lepas tu pakai eyeshadow rasa lawa jer hehehe...

screamingmommy said...

Lady : Yesss...sakitnya mmg amat...i pulak mmg low tolerance bab2 sakit ni..but no choice..kalau shave cepat je tumbuh malas nak trim, at least threading sempat lah sebulan kan?

diana sidek said...

i pon rasa funny lah u, for more than an hour, not even a book u dpt..hihi!!never been to Jake's tapi my friends pon bg feedback mcm u jugak. sgt sgt best!

TK said...

Wah one of your must buy mags is Shape. I suka jugak. Last weekend I pi MPH and ended up beli pen je..

screamingmommy said...

Diana : Yes beb, if are steak eater..u'll definitely like Jake's:)

TK : Beb, Shape magazine tu pembakar semangat laa konon nak slim mlim..hee..hee;)

Eti said...

kat mana you buat threading ek??? I have been waxing mine kat BVII. sekarang nak try port lain pulak.

screamingmommy said...

Eti : My threading kat indian shop aje exactly in front of BVII, next to ambank..sheela's nama shop dia..i like the place sbb convenient nak pegi:) the price is extremely cheap you wont believe..but the shop very ordinary indian saloon:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails