Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Man and commitment


Last week I received a devastated news..a friend of mine broke off after being together for 8 years...
My husband knows all of my friends...so years back he used to ask when this couple is getting married..I told him..the guy is continuing his studies..later he asked again..I told him the girl is taking up job offer abroad..later I told him..she's not ready to convert....never ending excuses actually
So finally early this year she came back..we thought they will finally ready to settle down...but my husband gave me his opinion as a man.."I dont think XX is serious..I dont think they will ever get married.." of course I was offended by his comment..this is my dear friend he's talking about..what's so bad about my dear friend that the guy is not going to marry her..

His honest opinion said.."a man if he's serious..they dont wait that long...all the reasons given are just excuses.."

I was concern about my friend..but again I'm so proud of her for having the courage to leave the guy..she said..she regret not doing it sooner..the reality finally hit her..if this guy is serious enough..he should not take this long to propose





But life goes on...until then..



9 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

such is life... :-(
as a friend of coz u akan turut rasa sedih kan.. but like what u said life must go on...

TK said...

Your hubby is sooo right. Sorry bout your friend. Takpelah kumbang bukan sekor..Nasib baik dia tinggalkan lelaki tu..

Ermayum said...

benda 2 nu tak leh nak cakap la dear - susah nak tau nasib kita - but when it happens one just got to make the best decision and move on - but she will meet a better man hopefully

Ermayum said...

benda 2 nu tak leh nak cakap la dear - susah nak tau nasib kita - but when it happens one just got to make the best decision and move on - but she will meet a better man hopefully

Eti said...

yes, my husband has told me the same thing too! what to do kan??? susah nak carik life partner nie... kita yg dah ada nie should cherish what we have.

screamingmommy said...

Lady : yes, when it happened to someone u care..u'll be equally disturbed:(

TK : Yess..nasib baik jugak dia tinggalkan the guy since takde future together

Ermayum : Tu laa I think..things happened for a reason..ada rahmat:)

Eti : betul..sometimes we take things for granted..:)

working mom... said...

salam ,

saya suke baca ur post...if you dont mind..i link ur blog ya.. :)

screamingmommy said...

WM : sure, of course u can do it:) thanks for dropping by n glad u like it:)

ajjah said...

oh my..
i feel her..
how can you not be ready to be with someone you love, after so long knowing each other. but like u said, ada la rahmat disebaliknya.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails