Monday, April 26, 2010

Pengalaman yang menginsafkan part 2

WARNING : This is a rather lengthy entry..please read this when you really have free times ok? You can come back later if you need to kill time:)


I'm not sure if you guys ever felt the same way about certain incidents..which it lingers in ur head for decades?

I have a few... for some I wish I could have done differently then..

Incident 1

Happened when I was in my secondary school (16/17 yrs) ..I was queuing up at the bakery in my hometown..there was a boy I think should be in form 1 (13 yrs old) I assumed he's going back to the hostel judging from the uniform (only school with hostels required students to wear uniform during saturday outing)

He took a mini pizza..at the counter, when the shop keeper punched the price..the boy looked puzzled looking at the price shown at the monitor..and he said "takpe la kak...tak jadi ambik.." then he put pack the pizza and left the bakery...with a very sad face:(

I was deeply disturbed looking at his face..contemplating..to offer him to pay..but I was being me.. TIMID..too shy to even offer..I stood there..looking at the boy..deep down I wanted to cry..."poor boy...!! I wish you will be successful one day..you can buy lots and lots of pizzaa.."

That incident lingers in my mind until now..I wish I have the courage then to offer paying for the mini pizza...perhaps I will not feeling so guilty now...I feel "sebak" everytime I think of that boy..

I sincerely hope he's doing sooo well now...Aminnn!!


Incident 2

Happened 2 years ago..during fasting month

Normally during fasting month..I will just buy food from Bazar Ramadhan..so in the evening I would go with my husband to buy food and we break fast at my in-laws' place.

There's one stall selling soup..all type of soups..but the responds were not so good..I saw 2 kids..1 girl i think 5-6 yrs old helping the mother chasing the flies..and a boy i think aged 2+ yrs..sleeping while standing, putting his head on the small desk at the back of the stall ..I think if the boy slipped he could have fell into the drain which just few feets away:(

That particular sight really bothered me, so I asked my husband to buy .."if it's not tasty..let's just do it for the charity sake.." we bought and it taste quite ok...then we continue buying until a few days later..we saw the stall was closed..I assumed they couldn't sustain....

I was profoundly disturbed..I told my husband..I dont want anymore handbags and shoes...I vowed not to waste on unnecessary shopping spree anymore...I even told my friends about this...I was hoping to see them at the Bazaar ramadhan last year, ..unfortunately..takde:( but of course I cepat lupa..my vows then was just a vow:(



Incident 3

This one didn't happen directly to me..but to my husband..which the impact is quite the same as I experienced this myself..

My twin 1 has a mild asthma..so we know sometimes at night or anytime we have to go to clinic for her nebulizer..I totally can relate to mothers who share the pain seeing their little girl gasping for air..(horrible experience I must say...)

One afternoon, my husband parked his car at the roadside..he was approached by a man in a motorcycle..behind him a woman holding a child..that child was crying and seemed to be having difficulties breathing...that man in his 30's (can speak good english) he looks panicked "Assalamualaikum..I need help..can you give me RM30, I need to send my daughter to clinic she needs nebulizer.." my husband handed him RM50 ..the man asked "another RM20, how do i return to you?" which my husband said he can keep it...

It puzzled us as the man seems to be educated..but I dont know why he didnt have the money..but that's besides the point...

The main point is...nauzubillah...I cant imagine being parents of child with ashtma and seeing him/her gasping for air but you couldnt do anything as nebulizer cost you RM30-40 each time????

Perhaps we see RM30 is nothing ..we can easily spend that much for just one meal...but to those who is less fortunate?? it cost a life!!!!!

These 3 incidents "menginsafkan"...it also a reminder...there are people out there who 's less fortunate..we have to be thankful for what we have...all these are just "pinjaman"....


Until next time...


16 comments:

Ermayum said...

hi babe touch my heart also we should see this everyday so that we can remember u know -- i remember about one couple in my kg left her child pekak because she cannot afford the hearing aid harga 3 k like that - i was telling myself kesiannya i kalau takda duit pun i can buy it with my credit card but them? sometime we just have to pause and look around kan - sesusah mana pun kita I mean i struggle to pay all the debt the car the house my shopping but some people struggle with the basic - nak makan nasi pun takda duit sian kan

baik husband you bagi dia duit not all people can do that dear i know u must have his heart as well :D

happy weekend

screamingmommy said...

Hi beb, ye lahh..sometimes i use these incidents to remind me once in a while..ye lah..kita ni cepat lupaa..kan.
btw i think any of us would do the same..esp kalau tgk a child needs help kan? being mother or father somehow you can relate to their pain.

Anonymous said...

hmm.. sedihnye. PAHAM incident 3. sbb my ery selalu gak kena ambik nebu. mujur ada ING. sbb tu dlm wallet mesti ada atleast rm100 setiap masa..takut.

screamingmommy said...

Honeylanz : ye beb..kids yg ashmatic ni..kesian sgt, kalau emergency tu tak kira waktu.

Hanum said...

Ya Allah.... My heart is screaming inside!!
This is such a great reminder for me. Thanks for sharing. Semoga doa you untk kebaikan insan2 dalam insiden2 tersebut dimakbulkan Allah. Aminn...

screamingmommy said...

Thanks Hanum:) thanks for stopping by as well..Yes I hope the doa di makbulkan:)

I.Q.W.A said...

thanks for sharing kak ..

:)

screamingmommy said...

thanks IQWA..thanks for reading;)

Lady of Leisure said...

thanks for sharing dear... i sangat terharu dengan kisah yg ke 3 tu... cant imagine la kalau kita dalam keadaan macam tu, agree with u sometimes rm30 tu kita ingat macam tak ada apa, tapi bagi orang yg tengah sesak rm30 tu harga sebuah nyawa kan..

screamingmommy said...

lady : very true beb:( kakadang incidents mcm ni..allah nak remind kita jugak:(

CiKaYu said...

me & my hubby had the same experience as incident 1 & 2 and we take it as a reminder yg kite ni selalu leka dan cuai. mmg selalu ckp kat hubby, if only i can save the world, i'd do anything. especially to those poor kid. really touch my heart. tapi bile npk sign SALE je, tu semua lupa. my hubby kata i selalu berangan lebih tak hengat dunia....tapi at least, we do hope & pray for the unfortunate kan... thats the most important things in our life.

screamingmommy said...

Cik Ayu..I can relate sgt to ur experience..masa sedih tu..mcm janji buat..tak nak tu and ni..tapi bila dah lupa sikit...habissss vow entah ke mana..tu lah my hubby selalu lecture i ni:)

Eti said...

hi, very good update! yes you are right kita nie sibuk lah wishlist handbag nie lah, kasut itu lah... when we are totally oblivious that some people's wishlist sangat lah basic and could even be things that we take for granted like proper roof over their head and 3 meals a day kan??? thanks for the reminder!

screamingmommy said...

Thanks Eti for the comment:) yes, we take things for granted..forget there are people who is less fortunate out there..this is a reminder to myself as well

jane_doe3328 said...

well said :D

me teringat ada kisah P.Ramlee yang one of his fren told in a bioghraphy about him. kesahnya P.ramlee ni nak pegi funfair ker hapa entah ngan kawan dia. tapi on the way nk pegi tu, he saw a woman with her children tgh kelaparan. duit yang dia ada in the pocket tuh cukup2 untuk pegi funfair ajer. tapi instead of pegi, dia bagi all to that lady. so, kawan dia nie tanyalah...apsal ko bagi semua duit kat dia, kan dah takleh gi funfair.

u know what P.Ramlee said" "Duit tu sebenarnya duit untuk that lady, Allah saja pinjamkan letak dalam wallet aku kejap"

screamingmommy said...

Jane : thnks for sharing the story..yes I believe so..sometimes..rezeki yg kita ada utk di share. Allah turun that rezeki thru us..not necessarily for our own.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails