But, the good thing.. I can share with you peeps her best recipe.."nasi kerabu goreng" I can tell you whoever tested it...will ask for more..so today I'll share with you the most sought after recipe from my mom
Cooked white rice
kaffir limes leaves (daun limau purut)
Onion (thinly sliced)
4 stalks of lemon grass - finely sliced
2 stalks of wild ginger flower (bunga kantan) - finely sliced
Sambal belacan (this is the secret recipe..it will determine how tasteful this nasi kerabu goreng)
I guess I do need to share the recipe here as you peeps must be the expert in preparing sambal belacan, unlike me..I
begged asked my mom to prepare a big jar which can lasts me months:)
- Heat oil, add onion until fragrant put in sambal belacan, fry until aromatic and oil separates, put in kaffir lime leaves.
- Then add the chicken (you can also add prawns and squids), stir and simmer until they are cooked through.
- Add salt or fish sauce if you sambal belacan is not salty enough.
- Add the rice, mix thoroughly..
- lastly sprinkle the finely shredded lemon grass and wild ginger flower, and mix well before serve.
happy cooking y'all!!